Super Nog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

With the holidays coming up, it's about time I gave you a decent Egg Nog recipe, rather than the Quick N Dirty one. Plus, it helps to have options!

What you'll need:


1c heavy cream
6 eggs
1/4c Sugar free egg nog syrup (optional, but it helps with flavor)
Nutmeg


Separate yolks from whites. Laugh at the carnage.

Whip egg whites until fluffy peaks form. It helps to add a dash of sugar (I used about 1 tsp honey)

Beat eggs with syrup until you get a happy pudding. If you don't want to use syrup, use some vanilla extract instead, and a bit of sweetener.

Very gently, fold (not stir) egg whites with yolk pudding

It should look like this when fully combined:

Fluff your cream a bit. Do not whip into whip cream, just give it a little thickness

Combine with egg noggy pudding stuff and stir gently. Place in fridge 2 hours or until chilled. Pour into cup, add a dash of nutmeg and enjoy!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds great!!! can't wait until I get my stash of raw cream to try this.. though I could use coconut cream for the time being!
momof8munchkins-mfp

P Gersch said...

Totally! Before Christmas, I'll post my Au-Natural Egg Nog using coconut milk. I'd do it sooner, but I'm down to 1 can, and my next shipment won't be here til Dec.

Post a Comment