Red Velvet Rooibos Floats

Friday, September 30, 2011

Ever since I discovered The Republic of Tea, I've been obsessed. The aroma that hits you whenever you open one of their cans is intoxicating. Also who doesn't love red velvet cake? The best red velvet cake I've ever had is made right here in O-Town (That's Orem, Utah for you non-natives) at The Chocolate. Those of you who know me, know that I will not hesitate to walk 3 miles to The Chocolate for an occasional om nom. My only sorrow is that they are not a gluten-free bakery, and I have secret fantasies of being hired there and offering more Primal goodies. Point is, the 6 mile round trip is worth it.
Getting back on topic now!
The Republic of Tea's Red Velvet Rooibos has inspired me a couple of ways. For some reason, I'm always trying to make it creamier (probably cuz I keep thinking of the red velvet cake at The Chocolate and its phenomenal in-house made cream cheese frosting and whipped cream from scratch. It's almost like eating sweetened Devon double cream. I'm tellin' ya, they do it right!)
Also with fall coming on, my thoughts have been turned to hot chocolate and other warm delicacies. And do you know what hot chocolate gets me thinking about? Well it sets off my curiousity about frozen hot chocolate. Can you see where this is going? You're going to laugh because this treat is ridiculously easy!

What you'll need:


8 oz water
2-3 sachets Republic of Tea Red Velvet Chocolate Rooibos
1 scoop vanilla ice cream (here I am using Talenti Gelato, which, in my opinion, is probably the best commercially available dairy dessert on the market! My 2nd choice, if you're unable to score Talenti Gelato, is Häagen-Dazs 5.)

Boil your water.


Steep your tea at least 5 mins. Admire how pretty and red it is!

Scoop in vanilla gelato.


That's it! Enjoy my red velvet/frozen hot chocolate inspired rooibos float. Cheers!



Alternatively, you could also try Zhena's Gypsy Tea Chocolate Chai Rooibos with a scoop of chocolate gelato!

0 comments:

Post a Comment