Sparkling Cider Jelly

Monday, December 19, 2011

I will willingly confess that my holidays are not complete without a big glass of Egg Nog. However, I don't drink booze. In fact, the wildest liquid that passes through my liver this time of year is this stuff:


Yeah, sorry to be a downer, but at least we know who your loyal designated driver is!

Now before you think I'm a total bore, I do want to reassure you that I have big plans this holiday season for my bottle of sparkling cider! I think you'll really like this idea, because it's going to make a great little stocking stuffer for all of your friends.

What you'll need:

1 (1 3/4 ounce) package no sugar needed dry pectin
3/4 cup water
3 cups sparkling cider (there are several brands with several different flavors. Pick one that you think will be super fun!)
1 cup stevia

--Canning Supplies--
several sterilized half-pint mason jars with lids
some cute festive fabric and cotton batting
ribbon


Thoroughly mix pectin and water in large saucepan.


Bring to boil over high heat and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.

Reduce heat to medium and immediately add cider and sugar.


Keep mixture just below boiling and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.


Remove from heat.

Skim off foam with metal spoon if necessary.

Pour quickly into hot sterilized half-pint jars.


Seal immediately with 1/8-inch hot paraffin or canning lids. Place in fridge until set.

When set, take a small round of cotton batting and place it on top of the lid. Fold some fabric over it, and screw on your lid. Garnish with ribbon and gift to your favorite friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment